Sunday, August 10, 2008

Defendants part background

In 1975, I operated an alcohol free entertainment venue in Melbourne, promoting Australian talent, Sixteen live acts per night between the hours 7pm till 7am seven nights a week, As I did not smoke cigarettes or anything else at that time. Considering the hours the venue operated, yet there were no incidents of unruly conduct or violence every recorded in the time the venue operated.

As it become well known that I was involved in Law reform, I was approached by a group of concerned citizens, including two young Solicitors, (one which is today regarded as one of Victories outstanding QC,) To become involved with The Cannabis research Foundation of Australia which I did.

September 1978 Bebuybac was formed a non profit Co-op Be Australian Buy Australian Bac Australian, it initiated the Advance Australia campaign, (1977) Well respected law firm of Melbourne was engaged to manager my affairs, as doubt had been raised over the business consultant that I had engaged, I suspected fraud have laying out my Companies estates and the prospectus of the future earnings estimated at $65,000 Per Week.

December 1979 I attended my solicitors office, Cannabis reform was first mentioned, It was assured by my solicitor that this would not happen in my lifetime. Shortly after airing my concerns and details of my companies complaints, My solicitor presented a well known land developer, that was listening in an adjourning cubical with the person that recommended the legal firm to me.

My solicitor informed me that he will take every thing that I had, and their was nothing I could do about it, Nothing he shouted Nothing you can do will stop us, The three would break into a foreign language, then claiming that "We run this country not the Government" .."wait till the year after 2000 you will see how good we are" after about twenty minutes of this arrogant abuse, shock hands, and said to them well go for it then. With the next 8 week I made my concerns known in writing to the appropriate authorities.

"The Legal Vendetta" As I had given my solicitor full power of attorney, and within a very about 18 Months a number of my properties, 40 and 42 St Kilda Road, Brighton 4,6,8 and 10 Octovia Street St.Kilda, plus 62 Church St. Abbotford. had been purchased by the above mentioned land developer at a greatly reduced price.

1983 Bebuybac openly operated a Cannabis retail outlet at 131-133 Glen Eria Road Ripponlea, (which I owned) This aiding the Police to make numinous arrest of members over the years for possession and use of Cannabis, However in 1989 at the Magistrate Court Pahran, The Magistrate ordered that no more members of Bebuybac will be heard at this Court, as so many people are appearing before this Court breaking the Law, then some thing must be wrong with the Law.

Subsequently, the Glen Eira Road premises was unlawfully completely demolished and later the land sold. for far less then the market value. "The Legal Vendetta" continued.

No comments: