Wednesday, May 14, 2008

"U" be the judge Jurisdiction? 16/05/08

Ian L Gray
Chief Magistrate Case No. X00340105
Melbourne Magistrates' Court
233 William Street,
Melbourne, Vic. 3000 16th May 2008
GPO Box 882G, Melbourne, Vic. 3001

Dear Chief Magistrate Ian L Gray

I thank you for your letter dated 17th April, being in response to my letter of the 11 April 2008. Which raised the issue of the Jurisdiction of Magistrates Court,.

As the matter was referred back to the St, Arnaud Magistrates Court, 22 May 2008 I have to notify others parties that have an interest in this matter, and are now required to travel a greater distance, considering their age and discomfort and the uncertainty of the issue, with respect I ask if you could clarify the situation being:-

Has the Magistrate Court the power to address the issues arising: being-

The Jurisdiction of the Courts has over the Aboriginal people of Victoria

As for your convenience please find enclosed herewith copies (on court file) presented to the Magistrates Court dated 3rd April 2008,

Copy of the Letter from the Aboriginal Embassy Victoria to Minister for Health Ms. Lisa May Neville, dated February 12 2008 As to "Note that Victoria Constitution Act 1975 makes no mention of the Aboriginal People." (enclosures mention Not Included Herewith)

I have been advised that if matter before the court raised the Courts Jurisdiction it must and can only be addressed by a higher court then the Magistrates Court, I ask is the advise I received correct or not.

I trust that you will address this matter at your convenient moment, as this will enable myself to notify other parties that they need not attend the St Arnaud Magistrate Court on 22 May 2008


I thank you

Yours faithfully


Les McDonald

Ps I understand that I will still have to appear at the St Arnaud Magistrate Court on 22 May

No comments: