Sunday, June 1, 2008

"U" be the judge To Chief Magistrates Reply 02/06/08

Chief Magistrate Case No. X00340105
Melbourne Magistrates' Court
233 William Street,
GPO Box 882G, Melbourne, 3001 2nd June 2008

Dear Chief Magistrate Ian L Gray

I am in receipt of your letter dated 19th May which I received on the 23 May 2008, I thank you and greatly appreciate the rapid response to my previous correspondence. Unfortunately received after I attended St Arnaud. Magistrates Court., Please find enclosed herewith copy as filed with the Court on 22 May 2008. Case No X00340105 as being close to your advice.

As to update, "The residing Magistrate, made all aware that he had been contacted by the Chief Magistrate, and was not pleased that the defendants concerns being brought to his attention, quoted for the Fax. to Chief Magistrate (dated 16 May)..Jurisdiction then it must be addressed by a high Court" (an obvious typing error, should have read "higher Court" ) His Honour outline requirements to be met by the prosecutor, the informant was not present at court. His honour again assured all that in was in his Jurisdiction and his court at Horsham"

I now refer to your letter, 13 May 2008 as to "..the question of 'proper venue"
As Moliagul is the property where alleged main offence was committed, I understand that Marybrough is the closest court to the property, I also do my regular shopping in Marybrough, as well as all other needs, I am a signed up member of the Goldfields Online Center, and regard Marybrough as being my the nearest Town with a Court.

I have enclosed herewith, a copy of the letter dated 21 February 2008 to the Magistrates Court St. Arnaud, including Letter to the Informant Senior Constable Micheal Hobson. Inglewood, Which requested the matter to be heard at my nearest Magistrates Court Marybrough. On the 13th March 2008 at St Arnaud court co-ordinator transferred the matter to Marybrough, being the "proper venue," (I did not face any Magistrate in court that Day)

On the 8th April (relieving Magistrate) appeared, upset when informed that the matter was first listed at his Court, St. Arnaud, and order the matter back to St Arnaud on the 22 May. It may well the case, that magistrates' prefer to keep there case numbers up, like in most work places. I have also enclosed Advise of Hearing Date, at Horsham Court 13th August 2008.

Other Court observes and myself feel that I will held at a great disadvantage if the matter is heard at Horsham Magistrates' Court, as to remove any shadow of doubt over the integrity of the Magistrates' Court:-

I humbly request the Chief Magistrate, if you see proper to do so, To have the matter transferred from Horsham Magistrates' Court to the appropriate Court nearest to were the alleged offence occurred and closest to the defendant abode, and to take in to account the hundreds of extra kilometers that the defendants witness may have to travel.

Hoping you can assist

Yours faithfully Les McDonald

No comments: