Thursday, July 17, 2008

"U" be the judge Senior Registrar 16/07/08

Ballarat Magistrate Court
Senior Registrar Stephen Merbach 16 July 2008
100 Grenville Street South,
Ballarat 3350

Dear Mr. Stephen Merbach,

Re Complaint

I feel aggrieved by the action of the Magistrate Mr. Copel (name unsure) at the Marybrough Magistrates' Court on the 8th April 2008, and at the St. Arnaud Magistrates Court. 22 May 2008.

By way of relevant background I offer the following, This matter had been set to be heard at St. Arnaud Magistrates Court on the 13th March 2008, I wrote to the Court coordinator on the 21 February 2008 (copy enclosed mark 1) requested the matter to be heard at my nearest Magistrates Court Marybrough. and subsequently the matter was transferred to that Court on the 8th April 2008.

Note that , my residential address is on the boundary of Moliagul and Cockrains Creek. On one side as I now understand is under the jurisdiction of Marybrough Magistrates Court and the other-side of the road is under St. Arnaud Magistrates Court Jurisdiction. I further point out that major alleged offence occurred at the property in Moliagul and my residential address is nearest to Marybrough Magistrates Court.

The bases of my complaint stems from the Marybrough Magistrates Court 8th April 2008, after the relieving Magistrate (Copel?) after reading my written response to the charges (copy enclosed mark 2) appeared to be quite disturbed by the contents of such, "The Defendant request the Court to clarify the Jurisdiction of the Courts over the Aboriginal People of Victoria" The Magistrate immediately ordered the matter to be transferred to St. Arnaud Magistrates Court

I have been recently advised, that if the Courts Jurisdiction has been raised, then it must be referred to a higher Court, in this case, being the Supreme Court of Victoria, If the advise I was give is correct, It appears that the Magistrate unfortunately may have erred in his ruling.

Considering the responsibility and role your office holds with in the Victoria Judiciary, I ask Is the advise I received correct or not?.

As simplicity is the most convenient way to the truth, as to uphold the peoples faith and integrity of the Magistrate Court of Victoria, a rapid response would warmly be appreciated.

I thank you


Yours faithfuly


Les McDonald

No comments: