Thursday, July 3, 2008

"U" be the judge to Chief Magistrates 04/07/08

Melbourne Magistrates' Court
233 William Street,
GPO Box 882G, Melbourne, 3001 4th July 2008

Dear Chief Magistrate Ian L Gray

I thank you for your letter of 26 June which I received on 1st July 2008, and for the helpful advise you have contributed.

It again appears that you may have overlooked addressing the issue raised in my past correspondence,

16 May 2008 Has the Magistrate Court the power to address the issues arising: being-

The Jurisdiction of the Courts has over the Aboriginal people of Victoria

19 June 2008

"I have been advised that if matter before the court raised the Courts Jurisdiction it must and can only be addressed by a higher Court then the Magistrates Court" (being The Supreme Court of Victoria)

I again ask is the advice I was given correct or not?

The issue raise doubt of the Law, Therefore with the publics best interest in mind, and to save the Court time, it would be greatly appreciated, if you could as the Chief Magistrate clarify the issue at earliest opportunity.

I point out the presiding magistrate at Magistrates' Marybrough Court (08/04/08) upon perusing my file had ample opportunity to determine the issue there and then, However elected that the matter be set down to be heard at St. Arnaud Magistrates Court ( 22/05/08) allowing two hours for the Jurisdiction question to be address, which did not transpire.

As you are aware of my position and role within the Aboriginal community, you may well understand the disappointment in the manner and conduct that this case has been handled so far.


Yours faithfully


Les McDonald
Chief Lore Officer
Aboriginal Embassy Victoria

No comments: